I got my Mother's Day present early this year...A NEW CAR! Well, new to us and we did sell our other car so we are still a one vehicle family, but I LOVE IT! Ian got it because I admired it so much and it worked out in our favor. Even better. It's a fun Acura SVU style, fancy leather seats AND a sun roof mother's day gift! However...(and here come my bullet points)
- We only owned it for 2 1/2 HOURS before it was towed.
- Our apartment building managment are complete idiots (hence we are moving as soon as our lease is up) they thought our car was a visitor and we had no way of getting a parking sticker late at night when we got home from buying it.
- We weren't aware that it was towed and Ian walked out to go to work and thought it was stolen...not a fun feeling.
- It cost us almost $300 to get it back in our possession and Ian taking time off of work.
- Once we got our car back we went to sell and drop off our other car and found out the place didn't open for another hour.
- Instead of going back home, Ian took me to Central Market...it's like a food amusement park!
- He bought me some of their fabulous fruit salad and let me walk around without any complaint from him (usually he is done within 5 minutes of being there.) He tacked it on as part of my Mother's Day gift. HA!
- We sampled everything from Nutella to pineapple to brie on raisin bread to scrumptious guacamole. The guacamole lady started giving me dirty looks when I came back for my 4th sample...okay maybe 5th! No joke unfortunately. I had no shame!
- Ian had an inspired thought to contact our old apartment manager who used to work in the office, but moved onto another property. She was always really nice and workable. Ian told her of our situation and she said she would see what she could do. Miracle of all miracles, she talked to the tow place and got us a FULL REFUND of our money. How great is that?!
- Once we got our car sold (an hour later with all of the credit union calls and paper work) we stopped off at home for a little bit before we decided to see a matinee of Iron Man 2. It was as good as the first.
- Red Robin is doing a deal that if you take your ticket stub in you get $3 off each meal with each movie ticket. We couldn't pass that up. And Ian tacked that onto the gift giving theme. I didn't mind one bit, but because I love eating there, I didn't have to make it or do any of the dishes! Plus I got to ride home in my wonderful new car!
- Liam was fabulous the entire day and didn't throw one fit even though we had dragged him around everywhere and he had to sit in the car a lot.
- After a full day of going, going, going I still had to do some grocery shopping and by the time I got home, my feet were really swollen and pretty achy...not fully recovered from the gout, but I thought I would be okay. This morning they are doing better.
(Picture taken about a week or two ago at the snow cone hut. Liam latched onto to Uncle Logan's snow cone and ate the whole thing. This is Ian's new favorite picture of me because I am rarely "silly" in pictures.)