Today I went to the podiatrist because on Monday my right foot was acting up (again). So I went in to check out my left ankle and the inside of my right foot.
- 2 weeks ago my right foot was bothering me and in moderate pain.
- A few days later my left foot started to have some moderate pain with my right foot starting to feel better.
- I woke up two days later with my left ankle red and pretty swollen.
- The swelling and pain increased over the next two days so we had a friend (who is an ER dr.) come and take a look.
- He thought it looked like gout (which I most likely still have)
- Sucking up the pain because I really don't like to take any meds while pregnant.
- I kept off of my feet 90% of every day for a solid week.
- 3 days ago I woke up in the middle of the night because my right foot had a sharp pain shooting through it.
- I woke up with the inside red and swollen.
- Made an appointment with the pod dr!
I really didn't care about all that, just that I got the approval to still go to Utah next week. 22 hours in the car is not ideal for a pregnant, gimpy woman, but I know we can do it with many, many stops and stretching!
I am the road to recovery and now have a brand new appreciation for those around me with far worse ailments!