I guess this is going to be cookie week on my site because I posted a knock off recipe of the Swig Cookie yesterday and I plan on posting another version tomorrow!
Today's version I actually had in my mind before I even made the original style. I love the combination of chocolate and caramel together. Then sprinkle a little sea salt in there and you've completely sold me! I love salty sweet things. It's like the best of both worlds.
These really came together in no time and are super chewy and gooey. And they bring the wow factor without all the fuss!
Chocolate Salted Caramel Swig Style Cookies
Makes 36-40 cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
1 cup powdered sugar
2 TBSP milk
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
11 oz. caramel bits
2 TBSP milk
2 TBSP Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a standing mixer or large bowl cream together butter, oil, 1 cup
granulated sugar and powdered sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed.
3. Add in milk and eggs and mix until well combined.
4. In a separate medium bowl whisk together baking powder, cream of tartar, salt, flour and cocoa powder.
5. Slowly add in a little flour mixture while beating and mix until just combined. Do not over beat.
6. In a small bowl pour in remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
7. Scoop 2 TBSP of dough into our your hand and form a ball.
8. Roll dough balls into sugar and place 12 to a cookie sheet.
9. Using a flat bottomed glass, press down on each ball until they are about 1/4 inch thick. The edges will become cracked.
10. Bake for 8 minutes and cool on a cookie wrack.
1. In a medium microwavable bowl add caramel bits and milk.
2. Melt for 1 1/2 minutes on high, stirring after every 30 seconds.
3. Stir until smooth.
4. Pour 1 TBSP of caramel onto the center of each cookie. If it's spreading too much
5. Sprinkle with a little sea salt. Sprinkle from high up for better distribution.
This post is linked up at - Best Recipes & DIY Projects, Link Party Palooza, Weekend Re-Treat,