When it comes to Limeade, I feel the same way! It's become a new favorite of mine lately.
For Simple Syrup
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups lime juice, freshly squeezed (about 12-15 small/medium limes)
12 cups cold water
4 whole small limes, cut in half
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Place cut limes in a plastic bag and freeze for 4 hours or over night.
2. In a medium pot bring 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil.
3. Boil until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
4. Take off the heat and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
5. Pour 1/4 cup sugar onto shallow plate and set aside.
6. Dip 8 small glass rims into the simple syrup and then directly into the sugar.
7. In a large pitcher combine simple syrup, lime juice and cold water until well mixed.
8. Chill until ready to serve.
9. When ready to serve place one frozen lime half into each glass and pour limeade.
Click the picture for the recipe!