This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
One of my favorite things to do is collect recipes. I have a binder full of recipes from everywhere. I'm sure you can guess my reaction when I discovered Pinterest and started to collect recipes there!
This next recipe I got from a new friend from church years ago.
I usually wait until the weather turns really crisp and stays that way all day long. This soup is perfect for taking to a potluck, bringing it to a new mom or doubling the batch and freeze half for another cold night!Cheesy Bacon and Broccoli Soup
6 slices of bacon, chopped
1 small onion, diced
1 large carrot, grated
3 cups broccoli florets
3 cans chicken broth
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
6 cups milk
3 cups Kraft Natural Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1. In a large pot over medium heat saute bacon and onion together until bacon is crispy and onions are tender.
2. Drain off most of the grease and pour in chicken stock, scraping up the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
3. Add in broccoli and carrots and bring to a boil.
4. Boil for 10 minutes or until broccoli is just tender.
6. In another large pot over medium high heat melt butter.
7. Pour in flour all at once and stir for about 1 minute.
8. Slowly stir in milk and whisk to combine. Whisk all the lumps out if any.
9. Add in salt and pepper.
10. Turn heat down to medium and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent scalding. 11. Once the mixture thickens add in cheese and stir until completely melted.
12. Add the cheese mixture to the vegetables and stir to combine.
13. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
This recipe is linked up at - Friday Finds,