I really do try hard to make them their own special event. When it comes to Valentine's day I typically try to make everything heart shaped! With these yummy cookies, I kept to using heart shaped sprinkles!
There is nothing that some sprinkles can't make more festive! I found these tiny micro heart sprinkles at my local grocery store and I've been putting them on everything! Plus this bon bon cookies have a little Hershey Kiss surprise in the middle. YUM!
Valentine Bon Bon Cookies
Makes 2 Dozen
24 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 3/4 all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl cream together butter, shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar for 2 minutes.
3. Mix in the egg and extract and blend until combined.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined. Don't over mix.
5. Take about 1 TBSP dough, place one Hershey Kiss into the middle and roll into a ball completely covering the chocolate.
6. Evenly space 12 onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. You don't want them to be golden brown, but cooked through.
7. As the cookies are cooling, melt white chocolate chips in a microwave proof bowl for about 1 minute, stirring after each 10 seconds.
8. Pour melted chocolate into a large baggie or icing bag.
9. Cut off a small corner of the bag and immediately drizzle over each cookie.
10. Immediately sprinkle with sprinkles and let set for 1 hour before serving or packaging.
Make sure to check out these fun Valentine posts from My Name Is Snickerdoodle!