I discovered a few years ago that I can still make the old stand by recipes in miniature form and my kids go wild for it!
pancake recipe. I've been trying lately to incorporate more whole grains into their diet so I mixed in some ground oatmeal into the mix. It changes the texture slightly, but no one noticed.
Oatmeal Pancake Dippers
Makes about 24-36 Small Pancakes
1/2 cup Rolled Oats
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
2 TBSP Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1 Large Egg
1 1/2 Cups Milk
4 TBSP Melted Butter, Cooled Slightly
1. In a food processor or blender, grind oats until fine.
2. Add in flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt and pulse a few times to mix.
3. Add in egg, milk, and cooled butter. Blend until just smooth.
4. If the batter is too thin add a bit more flour. If the batter is too thick add a bit more milk.
5. Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat. If you are using a plug in griddle heat it to 325 degrees.
6. Place 1 tablespoon of batter onto the griddle and cook on one side until a few bubbles form on top of the pancake. About 1-2 minutes.
7. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes on the other side.
8. Cook multiple pancakes at the same time, making sure to space them out so they don't touch while cooking.