I started making it at home whenever I make enchiladas or burritos. I like to serve it along side my Homemade Black Beans or even with my Street Corn.
2 cups long grain rice
2 TBSP butter
1/4 cup canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
1 small can of tomato sauce
2 15 oz. can's chicken stock
1. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium high heat.
2. Add in rice and cook until lightly golden brown, stirring frequently.
3. Add in minced garlic, salt and cumin and cook for 30-60 seconds, stirring constantly to not burn the garlic.
4. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken stock.
5. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
6. Cover and let simmer for 40-50 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Try these other great recipes!