I'm trying to go a bit old school and have a bigger sit down Sunday dinner (with dessert). I remembering do that growing up and I always loved going over to my friend's homes where their families did the same. There is something about a comforting meal that brings people together, right?
I make a super easy and delicious beef roast dinner in the crock pot that I absolutely LOVE! I through everything in, set it on low for about 8-10 hours and dinner is ready for us!
You can even throw a few potatoes in there and have them cook at the same time. Just wash and slice them in half lengthwise. My family really likes mashed potatoes so I keep them out most of the time.
The seasonings in this recipe not only flavor the roast, but makes the BEST gravy! And in my opinion, gravy makes EVERYTHING better!Easy Sunday Roast
2-3 Cups Baby Carrots
1/2 Large Onion, Sliced
2-4 lbs Beef Chuck Roast
1 pkt Ranch Dressing Mix
1 pkt Au Jus Mix
1 pkt Italian Dressing Mix
2 Cups Water
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP All Purpose Flour
1. Place carrots and onion into the crock pot.
2. Place the roast on top.
3. In a small bowl mix together seasonings and sprinkle over the roast.
4. Pour in the water and cover with a lid.
5. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours.
6. Remove roast, carrots and onions onto a serving dish and reserve 2 1/2 cups of broth.
7. Heat butter in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
8. Once butter is melted, whisk in flour and continuously stir for 1 minute.
9. Slowly add in broth and whisk to prevent lumps. The slower you add it the better.
10. Let it come to a bowl then remove from heat. If you want to thin it out a bit, add in a little more broth.
Are you following me on Youtube?
Click HERE to check out my channel for
some awesome videos and subscribe!