We are slowly coming upon everything peppermint season and I couldn't be more excited! I try to incorporate the flavor when I can and it's typically together with chocolate. You can't go wrong with that! I had made some classic rice crispy treats and a thought popped into my head of how much better they would be with some minty chocolate covering them! These Minted Rice Crispy Treats are a new family fav and I love that they are bite size!
I'm thinking these would make a great treat for neighbors and teachers this holiday!
Minted Rice Crispy Treats
Makes about 30
3 TBSP Butter
10 oz Mini Marshmallows
7 cups Puffed Rice Cereal
12 oz Ande's Mint Chips, Divided
1. In a large pot melt butter and marshmallows over medium low heat, stirring constantly.
2. Once completely melted, pour in cereal and stir until completely coated.
3. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
4. Spread coated cereal into pan and press down evenly to make level.
5. Let cool for 1 hour.
6. Turn out treats onto parchment paper and cut into 1 1/2 squares.
7. In a medium bowl pour in chips, reserving 1/3 cup for sprinkling on the top.
8. Melt chips in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until melted, stirring after each 10 seconds.
9. Dip each square into chocolate and shake off excess.
10. Place back onto the parchment paper and immediately sprinkle with a few reserved chips.
11. Repeat with remaining squares.
12. Let them set up for 1 hour before serving.
13. Store in an airtight container.
Make these Christmas Peppermint S'mores!