I also love serving tacos because everyone can make them the way they like. My husband likes things on the spicy side so he usually will add jalapenos, where I like mine on the cheesy side so I load up on cheese. However you make them, make sure to give this recipe a try!
2 lbs Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cumin
8 oz Tomato Sauce
2 Avocados, Peeled and Diced
1 Cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, Sliced In Half
1/2 Bunch Cilantro, Chopped
1 Cup Queso Fresca, Crumbled
1-2 Fresh Jalapenos, Sliced
10-12 6" Corn Tortillas
1. In a large skillet brown and crumble turkey over medium high heat.
2. Cook for 2 minutes and in minced garlic, chili powder and cumin.
3. Stir in tomato sauce and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
4. While turkey is cooking, toast corn tortillas over an open flame for about 30 seconds on each side. If you don't have a gas range, toast them in a dry skillet for about 1 minute on each side over high heat.
5. Assemble tacos by spooning about 2 tablespoons of turkey then add avocado, tomatoes, cilantro and cheese on top.