Are you like me and have a pretty busy schedule? Lately, our family schedule has been in go go go mode and I’m always on the lookout for quick and tasty recipes for dinner. My Pinterest Boards are full of great recipes, but some aren’t always quick and easy. This Chicken and Vegetable Noodle Bowl is pretty amazing in the flavor department and is on the table in under 30 minutes! It’s a dinner that I know everyone in my family loves. Just like this Orange Chicken that is a crowd pleaser!
When it comes to noodle bowls like this, I really like the versatility that I have when choosing veggies. I typically will pick ones that my kiddos love or like then throw in one that I want to introduce. Half the time they don’t even notice or if they’re not a fan (like the mushrooms) it’s large enough they can pick them out!
The recipe calls for udon noodles that I found at Costco. If you are unable to to find them in your local grocer, you can easily substitute them for linguini noodles. You will just need to cook them ahead of time and set them aside until you are ready to add them to the recipe.
If you or your family are not fans of chicken you can change it out for beef or even pork. Just make sure to cook accordingly. The sauce for this would work perfectly with any protein!
Chicken and Vegetable Noodle Bowl
2 Chicken Breasts, Cubed
2 Udon Noodle Packets
2 Cups Broccoli Florets
2 Large Carrots, Sliced
8 oz Cremini Mushrooms, Sliced
1 Cup Sliced Mini Red Peppers
2 TBSP Canola Oil
1 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 tsp Ginger
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 TBSP Brown Sugar
3 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
1 TBSP Corn Starch
1. In a medium bowl mix together soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, onions and corn starch together. Set aside.
2. Heat up a large skillet and oil over medium high heat.
3. Add chicken and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. About 4-5 minutes.
4. Remove chicken to a plate and add a little more oil.
5. Add in broccoli and carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add in mushrooms and red peppers and cook for two minutes.
7. Place chicken back into the skillet and pour sauce over the entire thing.
8. Cook for about 1 minute and let sauce thicken up a little bit.
9. Add in noodles and toss to coat. Cook for another minute or until noodles are heated through.
10. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.