We have a pretty busy life. Our kids are getting older and wanting to do more activities. Dinner time is our chance to sit down and connect with each other. That does not happen as much I would hope during the week so our weekend meals are pretty golden.
I’m trying to go a bit old school and have a bigger sit down Sunday dinner (with dessert). I remembering do that growing up and I always loved going over to my friend’s homes where their families did the same. There is something about a comforting meal that brings people together, right?
Easy Sunday Roast
2-3 Cups Baby Carrots
1/2 Large Onion, Sliced
2-4 lbs Beef Chuck Roast
1 pkt Ranch Dressing Mix
1 pkt Au Jus Mix
1 pkt Italian Dressing Mix
2 Cups Water
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP All Purpose Flour
1. Place carrots and onion into the crock pot.
2. Place the roast on top.
3. In a small bowl mix together seasonings and sprinkle over the roast.
4. Pour in the water and cover with a lid.
5. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours.
6. Remove roast, carrots and onions onto a serving dish and reserve 2 1/2 cups of broth.
7. Heat butter in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
8. Once butter is melted, whisk in flour and continuously stir for 1 minute.
9. Slowly add in broth and whisk to prevent lumps. The slower you add it the better.
10. Let it come to a bowl then remove from heat. If you want to thin it out a bit, add in a little more broth.