Halloween Cookies just might be my favorite kind of holiday cookie! Maybe it’s because Halloween kicks off the holiday season or I just have an excuse to buy Halloween candy.
I’ve recently been playing around with my Big and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. By adding a few holiday treats to it, it transforms into these Cookies and “Scream” Cookies! I truly wasn’t sure how they would turn out. Would they taste too much like an Oreo? In that case, why was I wasting my time when you could just eat an Oreo. I’m here to tell you these were heavenly and the right balance of cream and chocolate.
I made them while my boys were in school and they went crazy when I served them as their after school snack that day. Yes, sometimes I give my boys milk and cookies after school! I do try to balance that out with healthy stuff throughout the week, too!
You know me. I always try to give you ideas on how you can serve treats different ways. These of course would be great just for your family or friends, but how about making a small batch and taking them to your kid’s teachers? Or make this recipe, make smaller cookies and individually wrap them for your church’s trunk or treat?
I’m actually going to bake another batch and my husband is going to share them with his work closer to Halloween. Halloween Candy is great, but how much better is it when it’s baked into a cookie?!
Halloween Cookies and Scream Cookies
Makes 2 Dozen Cookies
1 Cup Cold Butter, Cubed
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
3 TBSP Cornstarch
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Cookies and Scream M&Ms
16 Halloween Oreos, Broken Into Bits
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar for 3 minutes on medium speed.
3. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
4. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt until almost incorporated.
5. Add in chocolate chips, M&Ms and Oreo bits and finish mixing until the flour is just incorporated.
6. Using a large cookie scoop* or 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop up dough and place onto a baking sheet (six balls of dough per sheet).
7. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
8. Add a few more chocolate chips, M&Ms and Oreo bits to the top of each cookie immediately after removing from the oven.
9. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack.