Christmas break has officially begun for us. Kids are out of school and husband is off of work. I finally got all of the rest of the shopping done today, but I still have plenty of Christmas wrapping left to do. Am I the only one who says every year that NEXT year I will be on top of things and get everything done by Thanksgiving?
I even included this week’ grocery shopping today so I wouldn’t have to be running back and forth getting ingredients for my holiday baking and meals. Including the ingredients for this Citrus Cranberry Holiday Ham! The best thing ever is that it’s cooked in the slow cooker so it frees up my oven for all the other baking.
This recipe is a keeper for the years to come because it seriously is very easy to put together and tastes amazing.
The orange juice and cranberry sauce add a slight tanginess to the smoked ham and balances out the flavors really well. The sauce only has a few ingredients that you most likely already have on hand.
It only takes a few hours and would even be great for a Sunday meal. If your family still persists on turkey this holiday season you could toss this together in the slow cooker and still have the oven free to bake till your heart’s content!
Slow Cooker Citrus Cranberry Holiday Ham
3-4 Sliced Smoked Ham
1 Cup Orange Juice
1 14 oz Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
1 TBSP Cornstarch
1. Fan out the ham in a large crock pot.
2. In a medium bowl mix together orange juice, cranberry sauce, soy sauce, ginger and cloves and pour over the ham.
3. Cook on low for 4 hours.
4. In a medium pot pour in 2 cups of the cooking liquid.
5. In a small bowl mix together cornstarch and 1/4 cup more of the cooking liquid and add it to the pot. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat stirring constantly.
6. Let the mixture thicken for about 4 minutes and serve over the ham.
Check out these other holiday posts!