Did you ever see the movie Mermaids? You know, the one with Cher. Probably not the best movie ever, but do you know what stuck out to me? One of the lines that Winona Ryder says about her mom, Cher. "A word about Mrs. Flax and food: the word is "hors d'oeurves". Fun Finger Foods is her main source book and it's all the woman cooks."
I absolutely loved that she made everything into a finger food! I secretly wish I could do that and get away with it with my family! I love anything mini or what is considered party food. I love it even more when I can take an every day dinner and turn it into finger food and have it be a wow factor when it comes to eating it!
That's exactly what these Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Cups are. You could certainly make them for a party or a BBQ, but these are even more fun when you actually serve them as the main course. Serve along with a salad or a delicious fruit salad and you have yourself a meal.
Black Beans I try to make sure I reserve a cup so I can toss them into this recipe. I garnished them with some chopped tomatoes, a little cilantro leaf and a piece of avocado. Or you could put a little dollop of guacamole or sour cream on top. I'm telling you. These are gone in minutes!
Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Cups
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups shredded cheese, divided
1 cup cooked black beans
1/2 cup green enchilada sauce
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tsp lime juice
3/4 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 TBSP cilantro, chopped
2 scallions, thinly sliced using all of the with and most of the green
24 wonton wrappers
1 small ripe avocado, cubed
1 roma tomato, diced
24 cilantro leaves
For The Cups:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Lightly spray two regular muffin tins with cooking spray.
3. Place one wonton wrapper in each tin pressing down gently to form a bowl shape.
4. Spray each wonton lightly with cooking spray. This helps them brown up a little.
5. Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
6. Remove from the oven and fill with enchilada filling.
For The Filling
1. In a medium bowl mix together enchilada sauce, cream cheese, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, cilantro and scallions until well blended.
2. Fold in chicken, 1 1/2 cups of cheese and beans until just incorporated.
1. Place about 2 TBSP of filling into each cup and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
2. Leaving them in the muffin tin, bake for another 5-7 minutes until mixture is bubbly and cheese is 3. melted.
4. Remove from oven and let them cool for 5 minutes in the tins.
5. Garnish with avocado cilantro leaves and tomatoes.
6. Serve warm.
Previously featured on Lolly Jane.
This recipe is linked up at - The Creative Exchange, Lovely Little Link Party, The Weekend Re-Treat, The Party Bunch, Friday Finds,