Fruit crisps have kind of become my new go to dessert! Typically every likes them and they are really easy to make! Plus, you can make them with different seasonal fruits and get a whole new flavor.
Along with peeling and freezing peaches for our smoothies, I've been peeling peaches for crisps as well. I can't seem to get enough of them!
When I bought these peaches, blueberries were also on sale so I thought they would go perfectly together for a fabulous Peach and Blueberry Crisp. Feel free to leave the blueberries out for a pure peach crisp, but I promise you will love them together. It's also best to use fresh peaches and blueberries.
Peach and Blueberry Crisp
4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 TBSP cornstarch
6 TBSP butter, melted
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl mix together peaches, blueberries, sugar and cornstarch.
3. Pour fruit into a 7x 10 or 8x8 baking dish.
4. In the same bowl mix together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon.
5. Add in melted butter and mix with a fork. Mixture will not be completely wet, but more sandy.
6. Take a handful of topping and press together with your hand. It should clump up.
7. Sprinkle mixture over the fruit. Leave some larger clumps so it stays crispier while baking.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until topping is lightly golden brown and fruit is bubbling.
9. Cool for about 15 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh whipped cream.
Here are some other fun summer time treats!
This recipe is linked up at - The Party Bunch, Friday Finds, Lovely Little Link Party, The Creative Exchange, What's Cookin Wednesday,