I'm not ashamed to admit that my #1 food weakness is fresh out of the oven Chocolate Chip Cookies. I know that it's not healthy to have food bring you joy, but those sure do! Another recipe that totally brings a smile to my face just by the smell of them baking are these rolls. They aren't anything fancy, but what is it about freshly baked bread! It is another one that I utterly enjoy fresh out of the oven. That way the butter melts perfectly!
I'm slowly teaching my boys how to make them so they can make them for me one Mother's Day in the future. An evil plan or a super smart one?!
Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions and I hope you love these as much as I do!
The Perfect Sunday Bread Rolls
Makes 16 Rolls
1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
1 TBSP Dry Active Yeast
2 TBSP Granulated Sugar
2 TBSP Canola Oil
1 tsp Salt
3 3/4 - 4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1. In a large bowl combine the warm water, yeast and sugar together.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a towel and set aside on the counter for about 6-7 minutes.
3. The mixture should be foamy and bubbly. If it is not, start from the beginning and adjust the temperature of the water.
4. Add in the oil, salt and flour. Start to mix and knead with a spoon or a stand mixture (with dough hook).
5. The dough should be smooth and slightly sticky. Knead for 5 minutes until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
6. Remove dough from the bowl and form into a large bowl. Add 1 tsp of oil in the bowl and place the dough ball back in and roll to cover with oil.
7. Place plastic wrap or towel over the bowl and let it rise for about 1 hour or until double in size.
8. Remove dough to a clean surface and evenly divide dough into 16 piece.
9. Form into a ball and place evenly spaced apart onto a greased baking sheet or 9x13 pan.
10. Lightly cover with plastic wrap or towel and let it rise for another hour or until double in size.
11. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and and bake for 13-15 minutes.