Peanut Butter Pie is actually the first dessert I ordered myself as a kid and I remember it tasting divine! I was a very shy kid and didn’t like to talk to people I didn’t know. Whenever we went out to eat, I would tell my mom what I wanted and she would order for me. As embarrassing as this is to admit, I was probably 14 years old before I could actually be comfortable enough to order my own food.
Now, food is my life and I love talking to anyone and everyone about it! It’s something that seems to bring together family and friends more than anything else.
This Peanut Butter Pie recipe isn’t like the first pie I ordered myself. It’s much better because it’s covered in chocolate ganache. And has a peanut butter cookie crust. Did I mention the filling might be the best part? You get the idea! This pie is pretty amazing.
Like every great dessert it most always starts with butter. At any given time you’ll find boxes of butter in my fridge. That’s because I’m always baking and cooking up yummy recipes. If you every need to borrow butter, just stop on by! HA!
The other thing I love about this recipe is it’s actually really simple to put together. You don’t even have to bake it and you’ll only dirty a few dishes. It’s made from basic ingredients and would even be great to get your family helping you in the kitchen.
I used a 10″ spring form pan, but you can easily use a pie plate instead. I like using the spring form pan so the slices come out a little easier. Either way, it’s still going to taste marvelous!
The filling is very creamy and goes perfectly with the texture of the crust. You could opt out of pouring the ganache on top and serving this with a dollop of whipped cream. But I would highly recommend NOT doing that. Chocolate and peanut butter are just too perfect together!
Peanut Butter Pie
1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
34 Peanut Butter Cream Cookies
1/2 Cup Butter, Room Temperature
2 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
3 TBSP Milk
1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. In a food processor crush cookies with 1/2 cup melted butter until fine crumbs form.
2. Press into the bottoms and sides of a 10″ spring form pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
3. In the same food processor blend together 1/2 cup softened butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth.
4. Spoon filling over crust and evenly spread out. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
5. In a large microwave safe bowl heat heavy whipping cream for 1 minute on high.
6. Pour in chocolate chips and let it sit for 1 minute.
7. Stir until completely smooth. Immediately pour over filling and spread evenly.
8. Chill for 1 hour.
9. Slice and serve.