Lately, I've totally been into cheese. And shamelessly so! I hated cheese growing up and only ate it when it was on pizza. Even then I would pick most of it off. I do try to eat it in moderation, but this Cheesy Garlic Bread is the exception every once in a while!
The combination of the cheeses, garlic, butter (shhh!!) and mayo seriously make this crazy good. You could even mix in some fresh herbs. How yummy would that be?!
It comes together in minutes and bakes in the time it would take to chop up a simple salad to accompany it. I really like to serve it with my homemade pizza sauce, but you truly could dip it into a creamy ranch dressing, an olive tapenade or just eat it plain. The kids love it because it similar to cheese pizza, guys like it because it's super cheesy and moms like it because it's simple and easy.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
1 loaf of French bread
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 TBSP chives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the bread down the middle lengthwise.
3. Place both halves on a parchment lined cookie sheet and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together softened butter, mayo, garlic, cheese and chives.
5. Spread half of the cheese mixture over one of the bread halves. Repeat with other half.
6. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese mixture is melted, bubbly and slightly golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before cutting.
8. Serve with marinara sauce.
Some other comforting and cheesy dishes you'll want to try!