I truly thought that I would have more time on my hands once I had children in school. Technically I only have one, but with one less child at home to take care of I can get more done. Right? All of you more experienced moms are laughing at me right now because it’s only taken me 3 years to figure out that my time just gets zapped during the days. It’s harder to get more done! Not impossible, but I’ve got to be more careful and plan.
On those days (and they are frequent) that I don’t get things planned
out, I find myself scrambling to pull a flavorful dinner together for dinner.
All three of my boys are usually “starving” by 4 and my husband always
comes home hungry for dinner right at 5. I’ve got to come up with a simple and easy dinner and cold cereal just
won’t cut it with that crowd!
That’s why I was excited to find Farm Rich Smokehouse® Dry Rub Smoked Pork and Birds Eye SteamFresh Flavor Full Vegetables in the freezer section of my local Walmart! (Check out the bottom of my post for a coupon!) The first thing that came to my mind for quick flavorful dinner was nachos! My kids love chips and cheese and my husband loves all the other stuff! It took me less than 20 minutes to put it all together and everyone was happy and full!
Pulled Pork And Sweet Corn Nachos
Farm Rich Smokehouse® Dry Rub Smoked Pork
1 Bag Birds Eye SteamFresh Flavor Barbeque Sweet Corn
1-2 Fresh Jalapeno Peppers, sliced
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 Bunch Fresh Cilantro
2 Cups Mexican Blend Cheese, Shredded
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 Ripe Avocado
1/4 tsp Salt
Juice From One Lime
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook pork and corn according to package directions.
3. Place a single layer of chips onto a half baking sheet and sprinkle with half the cheese.
4. Place another layer of chips on top of that.
5. Generously put pork and corn over the chips.
6. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for about 7-9 minutes until cheese is melted.
7. Top your nachos with tomatoes, sliced jalapenos and cilantro leaves.
8. In a food processor or blender together sour cream, avocado, salt and lime juice.
9. Squeeze avocado cream over nachos and serve.
For a limited time, earn $0.75 on Birds Eye Vegetables and unlock $1.00 off one Farm Rich® Smokehouse product with Ibotta while supplies last.
If you haven’t used Ibotta, you have to download the app available on
iOs and Android. Before you shop, be sure to unlock the rebates for both
Birds Eye Vegetables and Farm Rich®
Smokehouse. Then, shop! Buy the products that you’ve unlocked at major
retailers. Finally, verify your purchase by scanning your barcodes and
submitting a photo of your receipt!