My oldest son totally loves anything peppermint. I remember thinking it was such a cute idea to put candy canes on the tree when he was three years old. He woke up earlier than me one morning and ate 3 before I knew what he was up too!
Then my middle son thinks that peppermint flavored anything is just too “spicy”. He now asks before he eats anything new if it’s spicy. I’m reminded of those memories when my 5 year old self wouldn’t eat a candy cane because it’s too “spicy’. I don’t remember the moment I discovered that it wasn’t as hot if you paired it with chocolate!
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Pie
1 chocolate cookie premade crust
1 half gallon of peppermint ice cream, softened
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups marshmallows
1. In a large bowl, mix together softened ice cream and chocolate chips.
2. Pour into crust and evenly spread out.
3. Top with marshmallows and gently press down into ice cream.
4. Freeze for 2 hours before serving.
5. Will stay up to 4 weeks in the freezer if wrapped tightly with plastic wrap and foil or sealed in an airtight bag.