A few weeks ago I posted my Strawberry Basil Lemonade recipe and then realized I’ve never posted my basic freshly squeezed lemonade recipe. It only has three ingredients! Lemons, sugar and water. I am always in awe over how just a few simple items can be turned into something so delicious.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I still love the powdered Country Time Lemonade every now and then, but homemade is ALWAYS better. It takes a little bit of prep but, my boys love to help squeeze the lemons while I’m making the simple syrup.
For Simple Syrup
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about 8-10 medium lemons)
10 cups cold water
4 cups crushed ice
1. In a medium pot bring 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil. Boil until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
2. Take off the heat and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
3. In a large pitcher combine simple syrup, lemon juice and cold water until well mixed.
4. Pour in ice and chill until ready to serve.
5. Garnish glasses with sliced lemons.
Don’t forget to try this also!