When I was pregnant with my first child, all I wanted was Oreo cookies. It didn’t happen until my third trimester, but I couldn’t get enough! I would call my husband on his way home from work and ask him to pick me up another package because I had just polished off another.
It then carried over to the first few months after having my baby. I was nursing at the time and ate so Oreo cookies that when I changed my newborn’s diaper one day, I discovered it smelled like Oreos. I knew I had a “problem” and backed away from the treat for a while!
It’s now been 9 years and I still tend to crave Oreos so it just made sense to combine with them cupcakes! And holy cow does this Oreo frosting just rock! It would be equally as great on vanilla cupcakes, too!
Not exactly a smoothie, but it’s fun to indulge once in a while!
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
24 Oreos, finely crushed
3 cups powdered sugar
2-3 TBSP milk
Mini Oreos, garnish
Directions For Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two muffin tins with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl or stand mixer combine all the ingredients and beat on medium high speed for 2 minutes. Make sure to scrap down the sides if needed.
3. Fill paper liners 2/3 full and bake for 19-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean from the center.
4. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
Directions For Frosting
1. In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together butter and vanilla extract for 1 minute.
2. Slowly add in powdered sugar and blend well.
3. Add in crushed Oreos and use milk to thin out the consistency if needed.
4. Frost cupcakes by either spreading on with a knife or using a piping bag.
5. Garnish with mini Oreos.