I discovered that I loved asparagus years ago when it was wrapped in bacon and grilled. I mean, who wouldn’t love it! I learned how to roast it and it’s been our spring and summer go to veggie.
Roasting vegetables is a great cooking method because it brings out the deep flavor. You toss them in a little olive oil, sprinkle with seasons and place in a single layer in a baking dish or pan.
1 bundle of asparagus
1 small lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Trim off the woody tough part of the asparagus by either snapping it off or cutting it off.
3. Wash and dry off.
4. Place onto a baking sheet and toss with a little olive oil.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Roast for 8-12 minutes or until desired tenderness.
7. Drizzle a little lemon juice over and serve.