I like to have them on hand just in case I feel the urge to bake some seriously fantastic chocolate chip cookies. They are a favorite around here for 4 out of 5 family members. The lone treat eater is more of a brownie guy. They are also nice to have around when I feel like there is someone who needs a cookie pick me up.
My second favorite cookie to make are the best ever Snickerdoodles. Duh. Then there is the issue of running out of cream of tartar! Why do they make that little bottle so little?
I always have peanut butter on hand. When we were first married, my husband let me know it was a must in the pantry and I've never let him down!
Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 30 Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. In a large bowl cream together butter, 1 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter.
3. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well.
4. Stir in baking soda, salt and flour and combine until just incorporated.
5. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. *I use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop to make sure all cookies are the same size.
6. Roll each dough ball in remaining 1/3 cup sugar and place onto a cookie sheet. 12 per cookie sheet evenly spaced out.
7. Use a flat bottom glass and press cookies flat, about twice their original size. If the cup sticks to the cookies, dip the bottom of it in more sugar.
8. Bake for 7-9 minutes. You only want a hint of golden brown on top.
9. Repeat with remaining cookies.
10. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is linked up at - The Creative Exchange,