Easter Cupcakes are made with vanilla cake and an easy vanilla frosting. Simply topped with holiday pastel sprinkles and a miniature chocolate bunny.
Easter Dessert Ideas
Easter is one of my most favorite holidays. I love all the colors and that it’s really close to my birthday. Every few years my birthday aligns on the same weekend as Easter. It’s something that I look forward to.
Dessert ideas is something I feel like is in abundance during this holiday and it’s always so fun making them.
I’ve been making my homemade vanilla buttercream frosting for years and it’s really easy. You can use it on cakes and I really like it on cookies.
Of course these cupcakes needed a pop of color as well so I found some pastel sprinkles in my sprinkles bucket. Yes, I have a whole bucket full of all different sorts of sprinkles!
These cupcakes would also be so adorable nestled in some real Easter grass. I have got a full tutorial on How To Grow Grass Inside For Decor and it only takes a week for it to grow. I’ve been collecting pots, glasses and cups over the years to make a colorful spring display.
Easter Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting Recipe See Link In Post
- Pastel Sprinkles
- 24 Ghirardelli Caramel Filled Bunnies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two standard tins with cupcake paper liners.
- In a large bowl beat together cake mix, egg, egg whites, oil, milk and extracts for two minutes.
- Fold in sour cream and mix until just blended.
- Fill paper liners 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a large star tip with frosting.
- Pipe frosting around the entire cupcake, bringing in towards the center at the end.
- Top with sprinkles and place a chocolate caramel bunny in the center. Gently press down to secure it in place.