I know that would be a terrible choice so I've been trying to come up with some dinner ideas that everyone will love. We've become a rice family (still working on the whole brown rice idea with them!) and they all love chicken.
Chicken Teriyaki Bowls
2 large chicken breasts, cubed
3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
2 TBSP cornstarch
1/2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 TBSP vegetable oil
4 cups cooked white or brown rice
1. In a large bowl whisk together soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, and brown sugar.
2. Add chicken to a large zip seal gallon bag and pour in half of the marinade. Place in the fridge and let it marinate for 30 minutes up to 2 hours before cooking.
3. In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil.
4. Add in the chicken.
5. Spread out in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes on the first side and 1-2 minutes on the second side or until cooked through.
6. Remove chicken to a plate.
8. Add in cornstarch to the remaining marinade and stir to combine.
9. Pour marinade into the hot pan, making sure to scrape up any brown bits off the bottom.
10. Bring to a boil and let it thicken slightly.
11. Toss in sesame seeds, scallions, and chicken and remove from heat.
12. Serve over rice.