Waffles come in a close second to my family's favorite breakfast so of course I needed to give them a pumpkin makeover!
Enjoy these on the weekend or make a big batch and have them all week long. Just make them!
Pumpkin Waffles with Cinnamon Syrup
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 TBSP Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
3 TBSP Granulated Sugar
3/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
1/4 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 1/2 cups Milk
1/3 cup Butter, Melted and Cooled Slightly
For Cinnamon Syrup
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Milk
1 Stick Butter
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1. In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.
2. In a medium bowl mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, milk and butter.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
4. Use waffle iron according to directions to cook waffles.
1. In a medium sauce pan heat sugar, milk, butter and cinnamon together over medium high heat.
2. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
3. Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
4. Mixture will foam so stir for 1 minute.
5. Serve over waffles.
Check out my other fun fall recipes!