Creamed Corn With Bacon is a rich and delicious side dish. It’s a great addition to any summer BBQ or festive holiday party.
When it comes to holiday feasts, I love to dress up the classic side dishes. We typically have corn as one of our veggies, but this year I’m making Creamed Corn with Bacon! It’s perfect for your Thanksgiving feast or Christmas dinner. You will wow your guests for sure! Super creamy and pure comfort!
How To Make Creamed Corn From Scratch
First of all, it has bacon and we all know that just automatically makes it better. There is also cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and cream included in the recipe. It’s ultra rich and I’m giving you full permission to make it with no guilt! Well, at least during the holidays!
And I’ll share a secret…it’s also great to make during the summer as a BBQ side dish using all that fresh corn off the cob!
Creamed Corn with Bacon
Creamed Corn With Bacon
- 32 oz Frozen Corn, Thawed
- 4 Strips Bacon Cut Into 6-8 Pieces
- 1/2 Half Yellow Onion Finely Diced
- 3 TBSP Butter
- 4 TBSP All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Cracked Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- In a large pot, saute bacon bits over medium high heat.
- Spoon out bacon, leaving the grease in the pot, and place the cooked bits on a paper towel.
- Saute onion in bacon grease for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add half of the bacon back in and add in butter.
- Once the butter has melted whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in milk, continually whisking to prevent lumps. Mixture should thicken slightly.
- Once it's smooth, stir in the cream, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- When the cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth stir in corn, salt and pepper.
- Turn heat down to low to prevent scalding and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Garnish with remaining bacon bits and serve hot.