Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting are one of my favorite cupcakes! The cupcakes are super moist and the frosting is the right combination of sweet and tart.
Sometimes I get myself into trouble with new recipes.
There are some that are complete and utter failures and some, like these cupcakes, that I can’t get enough of! I really have to be careful not to make the super great ones over and over again.
One, because they’re usually not the healthiest and two, I tend to wear them out and never want to make them again!
I’ve had to get into the habit (and a promise made to my husband) that I would give half of whatever recipe I made. It’s helped me make my current friends happy and most definitely have been making new friends with this method!
Trust me when I say that these cupcakes are extraordinary! They will bring that WOW factor that we all long to have when we bring edible items to a party, work place or just share them with friends.
Truly they could be made anytime of the year, but how fabulous would these be on Valentine’s Day! I wanted to make sure I posted them in time for you to gather the ingredients and make them this weekend.
The combination of raspberry and chocolate is perfect! The raspberry preserves in the buttercream frosting add the perfect amount of tartness to the sweetness of the powdered sugar. The chocolate grounds it all together and makes my mouth water just typing it up!
Easy Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cherry Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Skillet Cookie
- German Chocolate Cake by The Recipe Rebel
Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 3.5 oz Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 3/4 Cup Butter Softened
- 1/4 Cup Shortening
- 1/4 Cup Raspberry Preserves
- 1 Cup Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5-6 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 TBSP Milk
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat together all cake ingredients on medium speed for 2 minutes. Scrap down the bowl as needed.
- Fill paper cups 2/3 full with cake batter.
- Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 325 and continue baking for 18-25 minutes or until center is cooked through.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, shortening raspberry preserves and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar until all combined.
- If needed, use a little milk to thin it to desired consistency.
- Using a large star tip, frost the cupcakes and immediately sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
Do you follow me on PINTEREST? I love to share all the wonderful recipes I find there!
*This was originally posted in January 2016 and updated January 2020.