M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies are irresistible to any child or adult! Chewy on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside.
My boys used to beg me for the store bought M&M cookies they would see in the bakery isle. I always said no because I knew they were over priced and don’t taste all that great. Someone brought some of these same cookies to a school class party a few years ago. Guess what? My son actually didn’t like them.
It was then that I knew I needed to toss some M&Ms in to my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe so my kiddos would stop begging for them at the store. I didn’t know why I didn’t think about it before, but they sure are yummy!
* You can find the Mini M&Ms in the baking isle with the chocolate chips.
M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup Cold Butter, Cubed
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Mini M&M Candies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt until almost incorporated.
- Add in chocolate chips and M&M’s and finish mixing until the flour is just incorporated.
- Using a large cookie scoop* or 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop up dough and place onto a baking sheet (six balls of dough per sheet).
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Add a few more chocolate chips to the top of each cookie immediately after removing from the oven.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack.