Caramel Brownies are totally irresistible! Say no to box brownies and make them from scratch. They are especially good with melted caramel drizzled over the top!
Last summer my family took a road trip to Utah for 3 1/2 weeks. We all had so much visiting family and friends, hiking in the mountains, and seeing the sights. The number one place on my list, though, was a place called Mrs. Call’s Candy in Heber, Utah.
I had first heard of them from an Instagram account that I follow. They had shared how good they were and she claimed they were the best she had ever had. If you don’t already know this about me, I’m a sucker for a good candy factory and candy store. Especially if it involves chocolate. Mrs. Call’s not only makes caramels, but they also make chocolate covered caramels. Gimme!
Have you heard of them before?
I worked it into our vacation schedule and I was not disappointed. Hands down the best caramels I’ve every had in my life. Since then I’ve been completely smitten over their candies and was beyond thrilled with they sent me a beautiful gift basket full of goodies.
They included some of their vanilla cream caramels and I knew exactly how I wanted to enjoy them…on top of my favorite brownie recipe! Since they are super high quality I knew I wouldn’t need to add a bunch of stuff to the mixture. Only a little bit of cream to help thin them out a bit when melting them.
These are definitely at the top of my most favorite desserts and look forward to making them again. And next time I just might share them with others!
Easy Caramel Brownie Recipe
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 Mrs. Call’s Vanilla Cream Caramels or other caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tsp heavy cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray and set aside
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, salt and cocoa powder and set aside
- In a large microwave proof bowl, melt together butter and chocolate chips for about 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined.
- Mix in eggs one at time, fully incorporating one before adding in another.
- Gently fold in flour mixture..
- Pour into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking melt caramels and heavy cream in a microwave proof bowl for 1-2 minutes or until completely melted. Mix to combine.
- Remove brownies from oven and drizzle melted caramel over the top.
- Bake brownies for 15 additional minutes.
- Cool for about 1 hour before serving.