Fruit Pizza Cookies are individual servings of one of the best desserts out there! A soft and chewy sugar cookie base with a layer of an easy cream cheese frosting. You really can top these with any fruit, but it’s great to have a variety of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, kiwi, pineapple and mandarine oranges. This creates a beautiful and fun rainbow dessert.
A little secret I’m keeping hidden in this recipe is the base of this cookie is actually my Snickerdoodle just without the cinnamon sugar. Other cookies that are pretty spectacular are my White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. My Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are some of my favorite, too. One of my most popular recipes is for my Circus Animal Sprinkle Cookies. It’s exceptionally good.
Fruit Pizza Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Cream Of Tartar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- 2 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/3 Cup Butter Softened
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 TBSP Milk
- 6-8 Strawberries Hulled and Diced
- 8 oz Blueberries
- 24 Raspberries
- 8 oz Mandarine Oranges Drained
- 3 oz Pineapple Tidbits Drained
- 2 Kiwi Peeled and Diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, shortening and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add in eggs and mix until well combined.
- Blend in cream of tartar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour just until incorporated.
- Form 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball.
- Place 12 evenly spaced dough balls on a baking tray.
- Lightly press down on each cookie with the flat bottom of a cup or your hand.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to a wire cooling rack until completely cooled.
- In a large stand mixer cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla together.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time mixing well after each.
- Thin out the frosting with 2-3 tablespoons of milk until smooth.
- Frost each cooled cookie and top with prepared fruit in a rainbow pattern.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.