Brownie Strawberry Trifle is layered with fudgy brownies, fresh strawberries and sweet cream cheese frosting. Creating these mini desserts in recycled small jam jars just adds the perfect presentation touch!
Desserts when brownies are an ingredient are definitely in my top 5 favorite desserts. These Mini Blueberry Brownie Bites are definitely in my top 3 for sure!
Brownies on their own are pretty fantastic. Add frosting, sauce, candies or fruit and it’s an even more incredible dessert. My middle son loves brownies. My recipe for Homemade Brownies makes a 10×10 pan so if we ever have a few left over squares, I love to layer it with some fresh fruit and whipped cream or ice cream.
This recipe calls for already baked brownies and I really prefer making your own whether that’s my recipe or your favorite box mix. You most definitely can use store bought premade brownies if you are in a pinch. Just make sure they are high bakery quality.
How To Make Brownie Strawberry Mini Trifles
- Break up one brownie into smaller bites and layer half of it in the bottom of a pint size jar.
- Using a pastry bag or plastic bag, pipe a layer of cream cheese frosting over the top of the brownie.
- Spoon chopped strawberries over to top of the cream cheese frosting layer. About 2 spoonfuls.
- Top with the remaining brownie. If your jar is getting full at this point you can gently push it down.
- Add another layer of cream cheese frosting.
- Top with another two spoonfuls of chopped strawberries.
Desserts In Jars
Let’s take a minute to talk about desserts that are presented in jars. I love desserts that are person servings especially when I’m serving them to friends.
They look really cute and make for a great presentation. If you scroll down you can see how I completed these little jars with a bamboo fork and some twine.
I’m a huge fan of Bonne Maman Raspberry Jam! Not only is that jam out of this world, but all of their jams and preserves come in the most darling jars. Each has a red and white gingham lid that I just can’t resist. I always wash them throughly when we are done ravishing the jam, give them a good wash then keep them so I always have them on hand.
I’d absolutely love for you to try out these other recipes!
- Strawberry Cream Soda
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Best Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Lemon Icebox Pie from my friend Ashley at The Recipe Rebel
Brownie Strawberry Trifle Recipe
Brownie Strawberry Trifle
- Break each brownie into 6-8 pieces and set aside.
- Spoon frosting into a pastry bag or plastic bag and snip off the end for the frosting to come out of.
- Place half of the brownie pieces into the bottom of a pint jar.
- Pipe a layer of cream cheese frosting over the brownies.
- Add two tablespoons of diced strawberries over the top.
- Repeat layers one more time and finish each jar in the same way.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Stores in the refrigerator for up to two days.