I wish I could be one of those people that salad is a comfort food for. It just isn’t the case. Potatoes and anything fried seem to be some of my comforting food choice. The healthiest? Absolutely not but, I believe it’s okay to indulge every now and then.
When I was growing up we traveled from Wyoming to Utah pretty frequently to spend
time with my mom’s family that lived there. I remember stopping at a certain
truck stop ever trip to fill up with gas (or most likely a bathroom
break!). There was a little deli inside where they served foods like hot dogs, chicken strips and these Chicken Fried Potato
Wedges. My mom and I would always share an order which was served with
mysterious pink sauce.
A few months ago I remembered those potato wedges and it brought back a flood of childhood memories. I knew I had to try to recreate them some how!
I changed up that mysterious pink sauce to make it HOT pink sauce that my husband loved! You can use leftover baked potatoes or cook more just for this recipe. They are so sinfully GOOD!
Chicken Fried Potato Wedges
For Potato Wedges:
4 Large Baked Potatoes, chilled*
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Lawry’s Seasoning Salt or Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Chili Powder
Oil For Frying
1. Place about 2 inches of oil in a large pot with deep sides and heat over medium high heat.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and milk.
3. In a large bowl whisk together flour, seasoning salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder.
4. Cut each potato in half lengthwise and then each half into thirds or fourths, depending on how big it is.
5. Dredge each potato wedge in the flour mixture and shake off excess flour.
6. Completely dip the floured wedge into the egg mixture.
7. Dip the wedge back into the flour mixture completely coating. Shake off excess flour.
8. Place 5-6 wedges at a time into the hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
9. Drain onto a paper towel lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with a little salt.
10. Repeat until all wedges are cooked. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
For Hot Pink Dipping Sauce
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1/3 Cup Ketchup
4 TBSP Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
1. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Served chilled.
This post is linked up – The Party Bunch,