Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is wonderful on it’s own. Add a sugar streusel topping to it and it becomes incredible!
There are so many movies out there that are just remakes of older movies. Some waaay better than the original and some…maybe not! I guess the newer terminology for those remakes is a re-boot.
Some of my recipes and/or pictures definitely need a re-boot! This pumpkin bread is pretty popular already but, I couldn’t resist tweaking it just a smidge. I mean, what isn’t better with a little powdered sugar sprinkled on top?
Streusel Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread with Streusel Topping
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 TBSP Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar, eggs, pumpkin and oil.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into loaf pan and set aside.
- For streusel, combine butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes then turn out onto rack and cool completely.
Here is the original recipe for Pumpkin Bread .