Cowboy Caviar or Avocado Salsa is pretty much a crowd pleaser! It’s packed full of fresh vegetables like bell peppers, tomatoes, sweet corn, black beans, juicy lime juice and spicy jalapeños if you want! It’s all tossed together with a flavorful dressing and best served with tortilla chips.
If you are looking for more yummy appetizer or dips I have you covered! My Jalapeno Ranch Dip is a great copy cat version of Chuy’s. Then if you are a fan of avocados you have to make my Easy Guacamole. Once of my most popular recipes is most definitely Cheesy Artichoke Dip. It’s perfect with baguettes, veggies or tortilla chips!
- 2 Cups Corn Fresh or Frozen
- 1/2 Purple Onion
- 14 oz Can Black Beans Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Large Tomato Deseeded
- 1 Whole Green Bell Pepper Stem and Seeds Removed
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 3 TBSP Lime Juice Freshly Squeezed
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Freshly Cracked
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper Optional
- 2 Large Avocados Peeled and Pit Removed
- Add corn and black beans to a large bowl.
- Finely chop onion, tomato, bell pepper and cilantro.
- Add to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Chop avocados and drizzle 1 tablespoon of lime juice over the top.
- Add to other vegetables and gently mix in.
- In a separate bowl whisk dressing ingredients together.
- If adding in jalapeno pepper, grate it in using a microplane or finely dice with a knife.
- Pour dressing over avocado salsa and toss to coat.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving with tortilla chips.