Chicken Pot Pie
2 Premade Crusts
1 10 oz Bag Frozen Peas and Carrots
1/3 Cup Butter
1/3 Cup Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/3 Cup Diced Onions
1 3/4 Cups Chicken Broth
2/3 Cup Milk
2 1/2 Cups Cooked Chicken, Chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place the pie crust on the counter to let it come to room temperature while you make the filling.
2. Rinse the frozen peas and carrots in cold water and drain. Set aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan saute onions in butter until translucent. About 3-4 minutes.
4. Add in flour and stir constantly for 1 minute.
5. Slowly pour in chicken stock, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
6. Bring to a boil to let the mixture thicken.
7. Stir in milk, chicken peas, carrots, salt and pepper.
8. Press one crust into a 9" pie dish and pour in filling.
9. Top with second crust and press edges of crusts together.
10. Slice the top middle to allow steam to escape.
11. Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes. You may want to cover the edges with foil halfway through cooking time if the edges are turning too brown.
12. Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Try these other delicious recipes this holiday season!