We are having some gorgeous weather in Austin right now. I just wish it would stay this way and avoid getting blazing HOT! I planted a few tomato plants and some herbs so let's hope I can keep them alive! For some reason, gardening is not easy for me. Last year I planted a zucchini plant and I got two hole zucchini before vine bores took over and ruined a good thing. I'm debating if I want to try again this year.
It's because I want to be burdened with dozens of zucchini so I can make dishes like this anytime I want! My entire family will eat it and it's so good for you!
Another vegetable (well, grain) that my family will eat is corn. Sometimes I think corn is an underrated side dish. When cooked right,
it can be very delicious and it's wonderful paired with other
vegetables. Especially with zucchini!
I really like to grill them both (corn on the cob), but when grilling season is closed, sauteing them in a little butter works just as great!
Sauteed Corn and Zucchini
16 oz Frozen Sweet Corn, Thawed
2 Medium Zucchini, Chopped
1 TBSP Butter
1 TBSP Oil
Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
1. In a large saute pan heat butter and oil together over medium high heat.
2. Add in thawed corn and zucchini.
3. Saute for about 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Once both the corn and zucchini have browned in certain spots, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.