Sugar Cookie Recipe
Sugar Cookie RecipePrint
Servings: 36 Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Shortening
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 1 TBSP Milk
- 3 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- In a stand mixer cream together sugar and shortening together on medium high speed for 1 minute.
- Add in eggs, extracts and milk and mix until just combined. Mixture may look separated, but it will all come together.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Blend in flour mixture my slowly mixing it in on medium low speed. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide dough in half and place each half on a large sheet of plastic wrap.
- Place another sheet on top and press out into a disc shape.
- Cover each completely and chill in the fridge for 1 hour or freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and a rolling pin.
- Roll out cookie dough until 1/2 thick.
- Cut into shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes. You don’t want your edges to be brown and the top center should no longer glisten.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then remove to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- *If you have multiple cookie sheets with cut out cookies on them, place each of them in the fridge while you are waiting to place them in the oven. This will help them not spread as much while baking.
Tried this recipe?Mention and tag @mynameissnickerdoodle!