Who’s heading to a Disney Park this year? We went to Disney World a couple of years ago and loved it! Well, to be honest, we would have loved it more if we hadn’t gone in the dead of summer. Our family is planning on going to Disneyland in a few years and our boys are looking forward to it! We are waiting until our youngest grows a little taller so we can all enjoy the rides together.
Sure Disney has fantastic rides and attractions, but let’s be honest. Some of the most amazing treats come out of those parks! And many of those treats are shaped in the ever iconic Mickey ears.
Chocolate Dipped Mickey Rice Crispy Treats
7 cups rice crispy cereal
10 oz. mini marshmallows
3 TBSP butter
4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 TBSP shortening
2 cups white chocolate chips
2 cups mini M&M candies
6-8 popsicle sticks
1. In a large microwave proof bowl melt the marshmallows and butter together. About 1 minute. Stir to combine.
2. Pour in cereal and mix well to combine.
3. Lightly spray a 10×10 baking pan and press cereal into the bottom evenly.
4. Let it set for 1 hour.
5. Turn out cereal onto a cutting matte or solid surface.
6. Using a small or medium Mickey Mouse cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
7. In a medium microwave proof bowl, melt semi sweet chocolate chips and shortening together for 20 seconds, then stir. Do this until chocolate is melted. About 40-60 seconds total.
8. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
9. Dip all sides of the cereal treat into the chocolate making sure to completely cover.
10. Gently shake off the excess and place onto the baking tray.
11. Let the chocolate set for about 30 minutes.
12. Melt white chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds, then stir. Do this until the chocolate is melted. About 30-40 seconds.
13. Pour white chocolate into a small ziplock bag.
14. Snip off a small corner and drizzle the white chocolate over the semi sweet chocolate.
15. Immediately sprinkle with M&M’s and let sit for 10 minutes.
16. Gently insert stick into the bottom of the treat!
Here are some other fun summer homemade treats you can enjoy with your family!