Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day. And I don’t always eat breakfast-y foods in the morning. I love making a full meal of bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, pancakes, fruit and juice at dinnertime. Maybe it’s because I have more time at night to prepare all of that. It could also be that I’m not a morning person and to try to function at full capacity at that time of day is tiresome!
I’ve really been loving making biscuits and gravy for dinner. It’s super easy and pure comfort during the colder months.
I’m pretty sure this will work if you have a homemade biscuit recipe that you love as well. I like the canned biscuits because I typically have them on hand and use them when I am in a time pinch.
I can’t even tell you how much I loved this version! It wasn’t any harder or easier that the traditional version. Making it this way was just so much fun to present and eat! Picture serving this to your family or guest and have them try to guess what’s under those golden biscuits.
I promise you that their eyes will light up and they may even ask for a second helping! I highly recommend purchasing a pan/skillet that if oven proof so you can make many more one pan dishes in the future.
One Pan Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
1 lb Breakfast Sausage
4 TBSP Butter
6 TBSP All Purpose Flour
4 Cups Milk
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
12 Flaky Biscuits (From The Can)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large deep pan, crumble and brown sausage.
3. Once sausage is browned, add in butter and stir to melt.
4. Sprinkle in flour and immediately stir to combine.
5. Cook for 1 minute.
6. Reduce heat to medium and add in 1 cup of milk at the time and stirring to combine. Adding it in slowly will prevent lumps.
7. If you would like it thinner, add a bit more milk.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Cut biscuits into fourths and place on top of the gravy making sure to completely cover.
10. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and completely cooked in the middle.
11. Serve immediately.
Hop on over to these other great breakfast recipes!