Does anyone struggle with finding good side dishes to serve their family at dinner time. Now that my boys are getting older, I feel like I need to have legitimate sides at dinner and not just carrot sticks and apple slices.
We eat a lot of rice in our family and every now and then I try to mix it up a bit and serve some sort of fancy rice dish. This Rice and Mushroom Dish is just that, but with all the easy of putting everything in a dish and simply baking it.
I used Stick of Butter Rice from 30 Handmade Days Blog as inspiration. My littlest really likes her recipe. I was looking for something a bit more and though mushrooms would be a fabulous addition.
After making this dish a few times, I think it would make a perfect side dish for any of your upcoming holiday dinners. It’s something that doesn’t need to be watched and truly is foolproof.
Rice and Mushroom Dish
1 1/2 Cups Long Grain Rice
1 Can Condensed French Onion Soup
1 Can Beef Broth
6 TBSP Butter
8 oz. Sliced Baby Portabella Mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a 9×13 baking dish mix together rice, soup, broth and mushrooms.
3. Cube butter and dot across the top of the mixture.
4. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
6. Garnish with thyme leaves and serve.