I’m a women who loves traditions. I believe they are what help form us into who we are. I especially love holiday traditions and talking to others about what they do in their family.
My husband and I were at a dentist appointment when the subject of Christmas treats came up with our hygienist. She said she loved to make homemade Jalapeno Jelly and Holiday Bacon. I perked up when she mention bacon and asked her what it was all about!
She said it was bacon that was coated in brown sugar and pecans. Although she didn’t give me exact measurements, I knew it was a recipe I needed to try as soon as possible. She mentioned they only made it at Christmas time and I can see why. It’s such a decadent treat that you’ll want to indulge only once a year!
It’s safe to say that traditions can be altered and added to if it makes your life better and more enriched. This Pecan Bacon will definitely be added to our family’s favorite traditions for the holiday season!
1 lb Thick Cut Hickory Smoked Bacon
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil then place a wire rack on top it.
3. In a 9×3 pan mix together brown sugar and pecans.
4. Dry off each bacon slice with a paper towel.
5. Dip each slice into the sugar mixture and press down to completely coat each side.
6. Place onto the wire rack.
7. Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over the top of the bacon slices.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp and nut mixture is lightly golden brown.
9. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.