Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day. And I don't always eat breakfast-y foods in the morning. I love making a full meal of bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, pancakes, fruit and juice at dinnertime. Maybe it's because I have more time at night to prepare all of that. It could also be that I'm not a morning person and to try to function at full capacity at that time of day is tiresome!
I've really been loving making biscuits and gravy for dinner. It's super easy and pure comfort during the colder months.
I've also been trying out more and more one pan recipes and I had the thought that it would work for on of my favorite breakfast meals. Turns out, I was right!
One Pan Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
1 lb Breakfast Sausage
4 TBSP Butter
6 TBSP All Purpose Flour
4 Cups Milk
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
12 Flaky Biscuits (From The Can)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large deep pan, crumble and brown sausage.
3. Once sausage is browned, add in butter and stir to melt.
4. Sprinkle in flour and immediately stir to combine.
5. Cook for 1 minute.
6. Reduce heat to medium and add in 1 cup of milk at the time and stirring to combine. Adding it in slowly will prevent lumps.
7. If you would like it thinner, add a bit more milk.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Cut biscuits into fourths and place on top of the gravy making sure to completely cover.
10. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and completely cooked in the middle.
11. Serve immediately.
Hop on over to these other great breakfast recipes!