I cannot believe it! Summer is officially over for us as school started today! I now have two boys in school and my littlest will start next year. The last few days have been such bittersweet feelings and emotions for me. I’m super excited for them to grow and learn, but at the same time just want to keep them home and hold them all day long! Anyone else with similar feelings?
It also means getting up early which I am not a fan of. And then there’s the idea of making quick and easy weekday meals because time is so short once they get home from school. This I am a fan of. The easy meals, not the lack of time.
I’ve even frozen them (unbaked) and they still turned out perfectly. I let them thaw on the counter for about an hour and increase the bake time by 10-15 minutes. Such a great idea if you REALLY want to be on top of your organizational game!
What are some of your go to meals when feeding your back to school family? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Chicken and Green Chili Enchiladas
8-10 8″ Flour Tortillas
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
3 cups shredded cheese, divided
1 14 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 8 oz chopped green chilies
Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In each tortilla, place a little chicken and cheese in the center and roll up tightly.
3. Place into baking dish tightly next to each other.
4. In a medium bowl mix together cream of chicken soup, sour cream and green chilies until well blended.
5. Pour over the top, covered the tortillas completely.
6. Sprinkle with remaining cheese (about 1 1/2 cups).
7. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are bubbling.
9. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
10. Garnish with a drizzle of crema, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro if desired.