I guess this is going to be cookie week on my site because I posted a knock off recipe of the Swig Cookie yesterday and I plan on posting another version tomorrow!
Today’s version I actually had in my mind before I even made the original style. I love the combination of chocolate and caramel together. Then sprinkle a little sea salt in there and you’ve completely sold me! I love salty sweet things. It’s like the best of both worlds.
Chocolate Salted Caramel Swig Style Cookies
Makes 36-40 cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
1 cup powdered sugar
2 TBSP milk
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
11 oz. caramel bits
2 TBSP milk
2 TBSP Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a standing mixer or large bowl cream together butter, oil, 1 cup
granulated sugar and powdered sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed.
3. Add in milk and eggs and mix until well combined.
4. In a separate medium bowl whisk together baking powder, cream of tartar, salt, flour and cocoa powder.
5. Slowly add in a little flour mixture while beating and mix until just combined. Do not over beat.
6. In a small bowl pour in remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
7. Scoop 2 TBSP of dough into our your hand and form a ball.
8. Roll dough balls into sugar and place 12 to a cookie sheet.
9. Using a flat bottomed glass, press down on each ball until they are about 1/4 inch thick. The edges will become cracked.
10. Bake for 8 minutes and cool on a cookie wrack.
1. In a medium microwavable bowl add caramel bits and milk.
2. Melt for 1 1/2 minutes on high, stirring after every 30 seconds.
3. Stir until smooth.
4. Pour 1 TBSP of caramel onto the center of each cookie. If it’s spreading too much
5. Sprinkle with a little sea salt. Sprinkle from high up for better distribution.