I will be the first to admit that my favorite part of any holiday meal is the leftovers! Sounds a little backwards, but it’s just fun to recreate something new of the meal from the night before.
I am sure that pie is at the top of the list when making your festive menu. Most people are surprised to discover that I cannot make a pie from scratch. It’s something that I really struggle with, but I have no problems picking up some of the best Marie Callender’s Dessert Pies for my dessert buffet! They are super delicious and a cinch to bake. And of course they have to be topped with Reddi-Wip!
With having multiple desserts to choose from they are always left overs. No one boo hoos leftover desserts! How fun would it be to share those leftover desserts with your neighbors and friends?! You can’t necessarily share a half eaten pie though!
1. Cut a slice of pie, then cut it in half lengthwise so it will fit into the jar.
2. For the Cherry Chocolate Pie, place half of the slice into the bottom of the jar and top with 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Place the other half of the cherry pie on top and sprinkle another 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top. Repeat with one more jar.
3. For the Caramel Apple Pie, place half of the slice into the bottom of the jar and drizzle with about 1/4 cup caramel sauce. Place the other half of the apple pie on top and drizzle with another 1/4 cup caramel sauce. Repeat with one more jar.
4. Spoon pie into each jar creating layers. Wipe off any mess from the edges.
5. Top with inside lid and place a cupcake paper liner over the top. Secure with outside lid ring.
6. Tie spoon around the lid with twine and tie a boy.
7. Place a folded piece of tissue paper inside each drink holder section.
8. Place a full can of Reddi-Wip in one section and fill the rest with the pie-cycled glass jars.
9. Tie a large ribbon around the base of the pie carrier.
This would even be to fun to drop off on someone’s doorstep, bring to an intimate gathering or take on holiday picnic (if the weather is nice!). My little holiday pie kit is the perfect way to Share The Joy Of Pie with those you love and bring a little comfort to their home with Marie Callender’s Dessert Pies and Reddi-Wip!
What kind of pie are you going to share this year?
*You can get a plain drink carrier from most local grocery store that carries alcohol at the check out counter.