With all the cookies I’ve made over the years each of my family has their favorites. Some love good ol’ chocolate chip. I love my Snickerdoodles and my husband a huge of oatmeal raisin. My Monster Cookies pleases us all and the kids totally love to help make them. I have them each add in their favorite ingredient (they all fight over the mini M&M’s) and they each get a turn stirring.
This the type of cookies that no one can resist!
Especially the kids!
I also like to double the recipe, freeze half and then have cookie dough on hand whenever I need it…or want it!
Makes about 30 cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
2 cups Mini M&M’s
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large stand mixer, cream together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed.
3. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Mix in baking soda, salt and flour until just combined, but there is still a little flour showing.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients until combined.
6. Roll 3 tablespoons of dough into a ball and place onto a cookie sheet.
7. 12 per sheet and evenly spaced.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes
9. Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet then transfer to a cooling rack.
10. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.